Sunday, January 11, 2009

Pastor Kennedy is in trouble

MichaelKennedy

Pastor Kennedy of the Ebenezer Royal African Methodist Episcopal Church, was arrested for sexually assaulting a teen.

Sheriff's spokesman Sgt. John Herrell said the victim, who is now 19, said that Kennedy began sexually abusing her when she was around 13 years old, with it ending in her 9th grade year.

Herrell would not give the relationship between the two, other than they are relatives.

I don’t understand many things about Christians. One thing that always bothers me is what they name their churches. I mean, Ebenezer Royal African what the hell? I’m sure it means something. I just don’t get it. Of course, I also don’t understand why the pastors of these important sounding churches like to molest children. Can anyone explain that? I think its related.

Kennedy failed my hypocrisy test.

According to the arrest affidavit, Kennedy allegedly said "everyone makes mistakes, he regretted it but can't change it, and all you can do is pray to God to help people whose life you might have affected."

This mindset is called “fuck and forget”. It’s very Christian.

***

I looked up Ebenezer. It comes from Sam. 7:12 - Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Mizpah and Shen. He named it Ebenezer, saying, "Thus far has the LORD helped us. So Ebenezer means GOD ROCK?