Thursday, December 11, 2008

Pastor can post bail

One day I will run out of titles for my Hypocrisy Watch posts. Until then, pastor can post bail...
A community activist who ran for Congress from prison, where he had been sent for warning that a judge could be tortured by God, can post bond while he appeals his conviction, an appeals court has ruled.
I am willing to bet that pastor Edward Pinkney leans toward being a nutball. After looking at his case, I cannot figure out what Pinkney did wrong. He did not threaten a judge, he just said that God was going to punish the judge with curses, fever, and extreme burning. I'm don't see the harm here. It sounds like the exercise of free speech to me... well nutball crazy free speech anyway. The judge should have laughed this crap off. Extreme burning, what the hell is that anyway?

Watch Pinkney on YouTube.

Unfortunately, Edward Pinkney is not Edward Coote Pinkney.
( I remember reading this poem to my great grandmother)
ALAS! our pleasant moments fly
On rapid wings away,
While those recorded with a sigh,
Mock us by long delay.

Time,--envious time,--loves not to be
In company with mirth,
But makes malignant pause to see
The work of pain on earth.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]