Sunday, March 16, 2008

A story from my day, Irish style

getting ready

I am a scotch drinker by choice. I picked up the habit while living in France. I need to drink something, French beer is piss water. I also acquired a taste for Irish Whiskey. I am a sipper, a bottle lasts a long time.

In anticipation of St. Patrick's Day, I had picked up a bottle of Bushmills. I was out of Jameson too, so today while shopping at TJ's, I picked up a bottle. While waiting in a crowded line for checkout, my wife asked if I really need another bottle of whisky. I told her that I was out. She mentioned I had purchased a bottle just yesterday, and that I had several bottles of Scotch at home. I told her I was out of Jameson (thinking she would understand). She again tried to dissuade me. As I looked around, my fellow shoppers where looking away. One old lady shook her head and frowned.

Such is life. Tomorrow I will make a fitting toast in honor of my long dead Irish relatives. One cannot toast the Irish with scotch.

Technorati tags: , ,