Thursday, November 08, 2007

Blogroll Update: Greta Christina's Blog

Greta Christina's blog (#477) is our newest Atheist Blogroll member. I liked the look of Greta's blog, so I asked her to write an introduction.

Hi. Greta Christina here, introducing you to the very cleverly-named "Greta Christina's Blog."

I've been a professional freelance writer since 1989. I blog about atheism more than half the time, but I write about other subjects as well. My

blog's tagline is "Sex, atheism, politics, dreams, and whatever. Thinking out loud since 2005." I write clearly, conversationally, and (I hope) entertainingly about complicated and delicate philosophical/ political/ ethical issues. I try to keep a civil and respectful tone while at the same time not walking on eggshells around people I disagree with -- and I try to promote the same in my comments.

My biggest claim to atheist fame so far is probably "Atheists and Anger," an attempt to answer the question, "Why are you atheists so angry?" that went Kaflooey all over the Net and has picked up over 800 comments so far.

But while that's easily my most popular post so far, it's not actually very representative of my blog. I'm usually not that ranty, and I typically write well-reasoned arguments rather than simple litanies. A better recent example would be "The Meaning of Death: Part One of Many":

And a good one from the archives is "The Unexplained, the Unproven, and the Unlikely":

FYI, I talk about sex in my blog a fair amount, and I sometimes do so explicitly. I don't like the term NSFW; but if you don't want to read about sex at work, read my blog at home, and if you don't want to read about sex at all, don't read my blog. Thanks!

Drop in and welcome her to the team.

The Atheist Blogroll, Atheism, Writing, Blogging