So, OK, I've been tagged by The Exterminator. The following rules should explain the new blog meme.
- We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
- Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
- At the end of your blog post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
- Don't forget to leave them each a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.
Eight habits or facts, I would rather it were eight habits or lies...
1. Fact - I don't like memes. I don't know what it is exactly, maybe because it breaks me out of my rut, but I really find these things a great big pain in the ass. And who ever heard of eight people on a meme - oh wait, I can choose victims from the noobs on the Atheist blogroll.
2. Fact - I became an atheist at age 18 after a being born again Christian for a number of years. I do not actually remember becoming an Atheist. I was a doubting Christian since the beginning. Late in my 18th year, I was critically injured in a work related accident. The brain injury and subsequent recovery left a small hole in my memory. Everything from about six months before the accident to waking up in the hospital is jumbled. I mark the day of my accident as my great awaking, although I know it to be several months earlier.
3. Habit - I like to eat outside. A burger on a bench under a tree on a sunny day is my idea of paradise. I manage four such days each week. If I'm lucky, I enjoy a good cigar too. Friends are always welcome. I seldom eat alone.
4. Habit - I like to read. My favorite authors are Harlan Ellison, Raymond Chandler, Philip K. Dick, and Edgar Rice Burroughs. I have a complete Raymond Chandler collection, a nearly complete Harlan Ellison collection, and most of Philip K. Dicks stories. Burroughs has a special place in my heart. I learned to read on the Tarzan stories. I still dream about them sometimes.
5. Fact - I voted for Bush. Oh my god what was I thinking? I am more ashamed of this fact than just about anything else. I am a libertarian - I should have wasted by vote on whatever high druid was heading the party ticket. To the world - I am so sorry.
6. Fact: I have a geeky job. Most people think that I fix PC's because work in IT. No such luck. I design, implement, and maintain manufacturing software. I also do large scale project management for technology projects. Trust me, you do not want me to fix your PC.
7. Fact & Habit. I do not like TV. I blog instead of watching the boob toob. Of course, I can only do this because of Tivo. The programs I want to watch get recorded for viewing when my brain is in the partial off position.
8. Fact - I play disc golf avidly. I've played on and off since the 70s. I originally got into the sport because our church's youth pastor played. Over time it became something I could do alone, any time I felt like it. Now I play about twice a week, like the match yesterday, 10 over at Eldo in Long Beach. I won, but played poorly.
If you ever see a tall red-haired fat dude in a silly hat, throwing discs in your local park, it might be me.
And now the tag... the last eight joiners