Sunday, April 29, 2007

Calling all evangelicals

Vjack has a few questions for you.  

  1. What are evangelical Christians taught about the value of proselytizing?
  2. Is it fair to say that converting others to one's religion is an important goal for evangelical Christians?
  3. If so, what is the motivation for converting others to your religion? Are certain rewards promised, does it simply relate to believing that others would be better off as Christians, or is there some other motive?
  4. Do/did you ever feel any external pressure to convert others, or was this purely an intrinsic desire?
  5. Were you ever provided with any instruction or guidance about how to convert others?

The comment thread is outstanding. I posted my answers because back in the day, I was a mixed fundie evangelical born again Christian hell bent on bringing people to Jesus. Ah, those were the days....

Technorati tags: , ,

2 comments:

vjack said...

Thanks for the link. I appreciate it. Having had so little exposure to the whole evangelical thing while growing up, I've never felt like I understood it all that well.

Anonymous said...

Interesting post vjack. The comment thread was well worth the read and inspired me add my 2 cents worth. Ty.