Monday, February 19, 2007

Blinded by Science: Stuck in Creationism

Discovery Magazine has a review of Answers In Genesis's new Creationist Museum. Bruno Maddox wrote the article. 

In the beginning, wrote God in His epic, loosely autobiographical best seller, The Bible, the Lord made the heavens and the Earth. Pondering from the vile comfort of the Marriott in Hebron, Kentucky, I assumed that this single statement represented the bulk, if not the entirety, of creationist ideology. Hence the name, I reckoned in a flash of insight. God created everything; if something exists, then God created it. Yes, that's what they believe, those creationists.

I can see myself heading to Kentucky soon. I am intrigued by this work of fiction. Like any good lie, their elaborate construction will start to unravel the moment skeptical minds focus on it. I want to get a look inside before the reset the the skeptical world tears it apart. From Maddox's account, it sounds like we have our work cut out for us.

Technorati tags: , ,