Thursday, October 05, 2006

Work Truck


On my way to work the other day, I stopped behind this guy on the freeway. I was struck by how visual the "I work with this truck" message was. There were no bumper stickers or insignia, just tools, dirt, and the look of a hard working truck. I worked hard like this once, 20 years ago or so. I do not miss it, I was not good at working with my hands. I am happy that I work with my mind, in an office, making important stuff.

I am happy today. A close friend told me that I had helped him to achieve a lifelong goal. He's been working at it for years. He gave me credit for part of his accomplishment. It felt great. In fact, the hug and handshake are one of the high points of my life.

I'm listening to the Young Dubliners - Change The World, off the Red Album.
"I don't want to change the world. It could be better, it could be worse."

Technorati Tags: , ,