Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Castro and the price of cigars

I know that I am a mercurial capitalist bastard when my first thought on hearing that Castro had transferred power to his brother was; what will Castro’s death do to the value of my Cuban cigars? Quickly followed by, perhaps the US can drop the blockade and start importing some fine Cohibas and Partagas cigars again soon.

Not a single thought regarding Castro's health - only a vague concern that his brother looked just as old and frail as Fidel did. And, I wondered when communism become dynastic?

I smoke Partagas No. 10 when I can get them. They are such fine cigars, and difficult to get here in the States.

Technorati Tags: , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They'll still be "pre-post-Castro" Cubans.

So I'm sure they'l retain some of their value.

Lloyd Kim said...

i also face very much difficulty in finding cuban cigar. I am in the openion that US government should allow cuban cigar trade in the country.