Saturday, November 05, 2005

Drink with the guys at gameworks

I got together with a few of the guys last night. We caught up on what had been happening in our lives. Two of my friends are getting married. Three had started interesting new jobs. Three are sure that the Lakers will suck this year. Two had traveled to Europe recently. Two had travel to Mexico and Panama. One was on a protein diet and could not drink. One had upgraded his boat with big new engines. We were all doing new and interesting things. It was great.

We talked office politics because at one time we had all worked together. We talked about national politics because none of us are happy with the situation we currently find our country in. We talked of mutual friends, of books and scotch whisky and the best cigars available. We talked about sports and how, even though he is fat, we miss Shaq. We toasted our health, our friends, and our life choices, but most of all we toasted each other. For the few hours that we were together, it was good times again. I miss these guys, I really do.

My congratulations go to Dave - the big white guy in the back row center - he will be married to a beautiful woman in December. I wish him the best of luck.

Technorati Tags:

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

sounds like a great night! great memories and very good friends. you are lucky!I found my way here clicking next blog :-)

Johnny C said...

Glad to hear all that Joe... Makes me miss my friends.