Sunday, November 07, 2004

The view in LA


The view in LA © Copyright 2004 Mojoey

I should title this the view in LBC, but then most of you would have no idea what I'm talking about. Anyway, it has been a busy week with the election and all, so my posting has been pretty spotty. I have been holding on to my daily shots until I get some quite time in which to post. The last four pictures are all from last week, I have been too busy to post them.

This shot is from an nice area of Long Beach California. One is typically surrounded by this kind of visual trash each day, yet sometimes it can be interesting. I like the difference between the old liquor store sigh, and the new Verizon sign. One other thing, California used to have drive through liquor stores. I used to work at one in Lakewood, it was called the Dutch Mill Dairy (it’s still there I think), and you could by any alcohol you wanted as long as one foot was on the pavement and you had valid ID. It is somewhat stupid by today’s standards.

I still carry my camera with me everywhere I go. I am not interested in capturing a big news story or anything like that; I just want to record interesting things that I see each day. It is a good way to take my mind off the pressures of work and school. I need some relief, graduate school takes a little more work than I ever thought possible, and work is no picnic.

When it comes to my photography, I am my own worst critic, so most of the unkind comments other people say to me have no negative impact. So, if you like what you see, tell me, if you don't, tell me that too.

Oh, and you nutballs who keep sending me hate mail, please stop. My spam filter sends it right to the trash anyway. All I have to do is filter for Allah.