Thursday, October 28, 2004

Nutball Alert - The Fat Acceptance Weblog

Big Fat Blog: The Fat Acceptance Weblog

Ok, for those of you who don't know me, I am fat, not just fat, but, let’s just say VERY FAT, or more accurately, I am 150 pounds overweight. I just want to make sure everyone understands this before I launch into my next nutball triad.

I stumbled across this site while researching gastric bypass surgery. I had just about convinced myself that there was no way I’m going under the knife, when I found a link to this blog post. Intrigued by the heavy sarcasm that I found, I went to the main page and looked around. I could not figure out if this was fat people talking about how hard it is to be fat, or if it weas fat people talking about how good it was to be fat. I went the FAQ and found this:

What is Big Fat Blog?

Big Fat Blog is a blog which links to and gives opinions on articles dealing with fat, as a general rule. There are hundreds of articles out there that perpetuate the “fat=bad” and Big Fat Blog really tries to offer up a fat-positive opinion.

Reading further….

Why don’t you post weight loss links and articles?

Well, technically, we do post them from time to time but offer up criticism. Big Fat Blog does not promote weight loss….


After reading through this POS blog, I was left with realization that these people are self deluded nutballs. They actually think being fat is ok, and they go to great lengths to promote the idea. Being fat is not ok, being fat kills you. It might not happen today, it might not happen tomorrow, but sure enough, it’s going to happen.

I think I finally recognize the feeling a Christian has when confronted with an Atheist. I know the truth because I live it, they should know the truth but the are blinded by something else. In this case, something like vanity, stupidity, hubris, ignorance, or well…you name it, they are blinded by it.

The nutball thinking on this site goes something like this, I am fat and a good person, bad things don't happend to good people, therefore everything that criticizes my being fat must be wrong. and... I have a right as a good person to be fat, even if there is overwhelming evidence to the contrary. And, don’t you dare say otherwise...

Like I said - Nutball, Nutball, Nutball, fat nutball...

And just for the record, it SUCKS to be fat.


1 comment:

Honey Bunny said...

so...what are you doing about it?