Thursday, February 20, 2014

Cookies for Waco

I love Waco, Texas. I visited a few times over the years. My first experience was the joy of a Christian fundie protest outside of a package goods store. They gave me hell for buying a bottle of JD. Over the years I’ve learned to watch the news for fun die nutballs out of Waco. It is like fundies breed in Waco. This time the fundie nutballs focused on Girl Scouts and their crack-like cookies. They miscalculated though. 

Texans Rally to Protect Girl Scouts From Waco Wackos

So Pro-Life Waco began what they call CookieCott 2014 - a boycott of Girl Scout cookies – all because they don’t want girls to look up to strong pro-life leaders like Wendy Davis. FOX News picked up the story, and the American Family Association soon hopped on board, posting on their website:
“It’s hard to say no to those little girls in the green and brown sashes, but buying Girl Scout cookies serves only to further facilitate a very liberal pro-abortion agenda.”

My reason for boycotting Girl Scout Cookies is all about the Tagalongs they have on my waistline and glucose readings. I still buy the damn things. I can’t say no to little girls with cookies. Who can? For those who claim the boycott has something to do with a Liberal Agenda, I call bullshit. I mean seriously, what does a nine-year-old girl know of liberal versus conservative politics. The notion is idiotic as are the people perpetuating this nonsense. 

Cookiecott2014 is stupid. Tell your friends to buy an extra package of Thin Mints to show your support. 

My favorite Girl Scout cookies are Samoas. If left alone, I can eat a whole pack. I never once think of liberal values while doing so.