Monday, November 04, 2013

Quiverfail - Doug Phillips resigns

Doug Phillips of Vision Forum and Vision Forum Ministries resigned after admitting to an extramarital affair. Phillips is was a major player in the anti-birth control Quiverfull movement and a nutball proponent of Christian Reconstructionism. To put it simply, if I had an enemies of free thought list, Doug Phillips would be on it. 

There are no words to describe the magnitude of shame I feel, or grief from the injury I caused my beloved bride and children, both of whom have responded to my repentance with what seems a supernatural love and forgiveness. I thought too highly of myself and behaved without proper accountability. I have acted grievously before the Lord, in a destructive manner hypocritical of life messages I hold dear, inappropriate for a leader, abusive of the trust that I was given, and hurtful to family and friends. My church leadership came alongside me with love and admonition, providing counsel, strong direction and accountability.

Source:President of Vision Forum Ministries Resign; Cites Inappropriate Relationships

Satan the Destroyer! blah, blah, blah… Another leading Christian falls. It is a sad story of hypocrisy, but one that is repeated so often that I actually get tired of writing about it. The only surprise here is that it was not a gay affair.