Baptist pastor Sam Morris made the news this week because of his mouth. He let it spew hatred in public. The world too note of his idiocy. Key points follow:
- Public schools are "mind-control centers."
- Public schools teach "junk about evolution."
- Public schools teach "how to be a homo."
- He thinks all this is about gun control.
- Called equal rights a "sham" and equated it with "equal immorality."
- Claimed Adam Lanza was taught that he was a God in public school.
- Suggested we publicly mutilate the body of Adam Lanza.
- Morris wants revenge against a dead man.
- Conflated mass murder with his political position on abortion.
- Ranted on gun control while claiming that mass shootings never take place at gun shows which suggests that if school teachers were armed it would have prevented the shooting.
- Blamed the shooting on kicking God out of public schools.
- Called public school "government school."
- Said that evolution teaches us that we are animals, so we can act like animals.
- Suggested that public schools teach you to rebel against your parents.
All this tripe from a pastor in response to a mass murder. I listened to his words in disbelieve. Where is the love of Christ in this message of paranoia and hate? How is this Christianity? How is Pastor Morris a role model or a leader of sane people? Not only are his words political rhetoric and full of vitriol, they are universally the words of a ranting nutball… except from maybe the part about no mass murders at gun shows. He also suggested that there had never been a shooting at gun show. Ten seconds on the internet proves that wrong.
I always spend a little time looking at the education of blowhards like Morris. He claims to have a Doctorate of Divinity in 2011 from Historic Baptist Bible College and Theological Seminary, in Scarborough, Ontario. (Which is actually an unaccredited school located in a church.) The school website does not offer PhD programs. And get this, the school gives women a different degree then men for the same course of study. Morris sounds "highly" educated.
Is this what being a Christian is all about? Is it simply a collection of paranoia, fear, hatred, and contempt for the truth? Where is the love? Where is the sympathy for the victims of this horrible tragedy?