Thursday, November 08, 2012

New photo project: iPhone 5 portraits

P1

I have an iPhone 5. It takes fairly good photos. I’ve challenged myself to produce a series of portraits of people I know and meet everyday. This photo is a good example. It’s of a woman who serves my lunch at a local restaurant. Asking her to pose was hard, but in the end I overcame my reservations and simply asked. It turns out that almost nobody says no.

The project is simple. Take 100 photos and then produce a coffee-table book for use in my living room. Adobe Lightroom has a book feature that is integrated with Blurb. My book will cost about $100. I think it is money well spent and a fun little project too.

The real challenge is to use the iPhone to take good portraits. I’ve got to work on that. I like using Instagram, but I’m trying other tools too. I don’t want everything to look like it popped out of an Instagram filter.

Technorati Tags: ,,