Sunday, November 11, 2012

Libertarian nutball Eric Dondero

EricDonderoI have a theory that states that the reason libertarian ideas fail to gain traction in America is because of the idiots who deliver the message. California election history is replete with examples of unqualified candidates spouting single interest positions, which, in the end, scare voters away from our movement and our ideas. It happens every election cycle.

There is an underlying taint of insanity associated with our cause. Every election cycle, another nutball manages to grab national press coverage because of the underlying insanity of his or her message. This cycle it was libertarian blogger Eric Dondero with his epic fail post: The end of liberty in America: Only course of action now is to fight back, electoral politics not working.

Because American Voters rejected his ideas, Eric Dondero is quitting the Libertarian Republican blog.

This may be my last post here at Libertarian Republican for quite some time, possibly forever…

His plan is odd.

…today starts a new course for my life. I've soured on electoral politics given what happened last night. I believe now the best course of action is outright revolt. What do I mean by that?

What does he mean by outright revolution?

However, for me, I'm choosing another rather unique path; a personal boycott, if you will. Starting early this morning, I am going to un-friend every single individual on Facebook who voted for Obama, or I even suspect may have Democrat leanings. I will do the same in person. All family and friends, even close family and friends, who I know to be Democrats are hereby dead to me. I vow never to speak to them again for the rest of my life, or have any communications with them. They are in short, the enemies of liberty. They deserve nothing less than hatred and utter contempt.

That’s some fearsome revolution right there. Eric Dondero unfriended me. Oh my. The pain is to much to bear.

It gets better. Eric is a bully with a puerile mean streak.

When I'm at the Wal-mart or grocery story I typically pay with my debit card. On the pad it comes up, "EBT, Debit, Credit, Cash." I make it a point to say loudly to the check-out clerk, "EBT, what is that for?" She inevitably says, "it's government assistance." I respond, "Oh, you mean welfare? Great. I work for a living. I'm paying for my food with my own hard-earned dollars. And other people get their food for free." And I look around with disgust, making sure others in line have heard me.

Eric’s “revolution” is to bully welfare recipients. His bullying is the ultimate act of failure. He cannot influence politics to limit welfare benefits because his message is too extreme for rational adults to appreciate. Instead, he attacks those who are in need. Way to go you crazy libertarian crusader. Anyone who interacts with crusader Eric will think one thing; Libertarians are crazy. He does not help our cause at all. Nor do his stupid rants represent our movement. Eric Dondaro is a nutball, and like other nutballs, we should ignore him.

Eric Dondaro. Your revolute is an embarrassing temper tantrum. Go away.

Hat tip David F.