I asked 34 people what they thought of Libertarian presidential candidate Gary Johnson. I should add. I asked people that were not already libertarians, of the 33, most were democrats. The results are interesting.
Of the 34 people I talked to, 33 people had not heard of Gary Johnson.
- One person knew of Gary Johnson but had no idea what he stood for.
I asked a follow-up question. What do you think the Libertarian party stands for?
My answers were all over the map on this one. I've grouped them by themes below.
- They want to over throw democracy. (40%)
- They do not believe in America (a states rights response). (22%)
- The party died out in the 90s. (10%)
- Libertarians are a branch of the Tea Party. (10%)
- Libertarians are like Republicans but without the religion (10%)
- The rest were, "I don't know."
My analysis: We don't do a good job getting the message out. What do you think?
Technorati Tags: Libertarianism