Saturday, October 20, 2012

Why do we do bless the water?

I realize that as a non-Catholic and atheist I do not have the inside dope on why religious people do the odd things that they do. Like this commemorative plaque outside of Casa Torres Mexican restaurant in Sylmar.

Why

There is a small fountain outside the entrance. This sign hangs near it. Casa Torres is newly reopened. I assume this happened at that time. Why bless a fountain? We are not talking a big impressive fountain here either, the thing is better suited to my backyard.

Why would the City of Los Angeles offer this service? Why? And, why is this important? I think an outstanding Yelp review would do more to bring in business. God don’t care about the quality of your food.

It’s a damn good restaurant for Sylmar. The Casa Torres special is killer.

Technorati Tags: ,,