Thursday, June 02, 2011

Introducing To Hold Nothing

Please join me in welcoming one of the newest members of the Atheist Blogroll, To Hold Nothing.

Hello all, I’m Muichimotsu, or Mu for short. In fact, I have multiple aliases, ranging from Kyouka Suigetsu to Holding Nothing to the namesake of my blog, To Hold Nothing (a rather literal reading of the kanji in the name Muichimotsu, Holding Nothing being more actual than potential)

I put To Hold Nothing together over a year ago and I’ve been blogging strong ever since. My first post was on the Tim Tebow pro-life ad he did with his mom. I’ve done a variety of topics, from GLBT issues, pro/anti abortion, church and state, Buddhism (rarely, and sadly), gun rights (even less common), and other issues of religion, from an agnostic perspective. Though calling myself an agnostic in the noun sense of one who reserves judgment on all supernatural matters would be something of a misnomer. I’m actually closer to apatheist, from my understanding of the rainbow variety of the secular positions that exist. It’s not that I concern myself with them; I generally don’t concern myself with questions of cosmogony or eschatology, let alone whether there is any deity or deities watching over our every action and thought.

Interestingly enough, something of an explanation of my relation to the myriad “atheist” positions exists on my blog. Just search for Atheist Alignments and you should find the introduction, and the other 3 parts follow one after the other in chronological order, since that was what I devoted 4 weeks worth of blogging to.

I like to keep my blog current, though I will resort to older stories as I discover them, which I’ll actually be doing this week in part, since I finally have a story to go alongside my other passion of the relevance of religious studies. I’ll keep mum on the companion to this gem, considering I’m an agnostic blogger.

If you want an eclectic and yet decidedly skeptical perspective on things ranging from the Quran burnings to the release of a popular book like A.C. Grayling’s The Good Book, then I humbly urge you to follow me at To Hold Nothing.

Are you interested in becoming a member? Visit the Atheist Blogroll resource blog for more information.

Technorati Tags: Atheism,The Atheist Blogroll