Sunday, June 12, 2011

Introducing Chrono-Synclastic Infundibulum

I am pleased to introduce the Atheist blog Chrono-Synclastic Infundibulum to the members of the Atheist Blogroll. I am late publishing this introduction. I made a mistake with this introduction and misfiled it. My apologies.

Hi everyone! Salo here and I am the creator of Chrono-Synclastif Infundibulum. I am a software engineer who works in Sillicon Valley at a small startup company. I received my Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering and have been programming since I was in high school. I absolutely love programming because it's like solving a free-form, math-based puzzle. I also love learning about new scientific ideas (I read Scientific American regularly). I have been gaming most of my life, and still play PC games regularly (FPS's and RPG's mostly). So yeah, I'm an all-around nerd.

I'm not all left-brain though. I learned to play both piano and violin as a kid, and I still enjoy partaking in the arts. Whether it's going to the San Francisco Symphony or Ballet, going to one of the many fantastic museums in the area, or just watching a good film, the arts play an important role in my life. They provide meaning and insight into the human condition in ways that nothing else can.

I am an atheist, and atheism and skepticism are the main theme of my blog. I grew up as a liberal Christian, although on reflection I was really deist at best (not that that's a good thing). I also grew up in Texas, so I have a lot of personal experience dealing with fundamentalists Christians and conservatives in general. (Let's just say that I am extremely grateful to not be in Texas anymore.) I have been an Atheist for about 6 years or so now, and accepting that I am an atheist was one of the most liberating experiences of my life. I think that my experiences growing up combined with my experiences as an engineer give me a somewhat unique perspective as an atheist, and I hope to convey those experiences through my blog.

Are you interested in becoming a member? Visit the Atheist Blogroll for more information. or visit the the full Atheist Blogroll membership list.

Technorati Tags: Atheism,The Atheist Blogroll