Former pastor Ruth Shrader was arrested and charged with statutory rape of a 15-year-old boy. The victim attended A.B. Hill Elementary School where Shrader was a teacher. Shrader allegedly began raping the boy when he was 15. The abuse continued for 2 years. There is convincing evidence in the case. She apparently left a trail of text messages.
I was not able to determine the church where Shrader worked. It is not mentioned in the press reports or the comments. I assume it is in the same area as the school. My best guess is South Greenburg United Methodist Church (based on family history).
It is interesting that the comments in the case are different than when a male pastor is accused of molesting a child. People comment on the ugliness of Shrader and the discomfort the victim must have felt being abused by one so foul. There is little of the outrage one usually sees. For example:
- The incident(s) took place at the School for the Blind obviously.
- wood chipper skank. my skin has crawled off me and is shivering in the corner....beyond disgusting.
- Strangely, I don't hear the young man complaining. Two years = de facto marriage, with benefits.
- Damn! That's the octopus lady from The Little Mermaid...she would have to pay for it...gross.
- WOOF! Grrrrrr... I'll bet they had to take her down with a tranquilizing gun
I sense a double standard. Speaking of which, why is the name of the church where she was a pastor missing from the press reports?