Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Zeikos Multi-power battery pack review

I picked up a Zeikos multi-power battery pack for my Nikon D300. The price was $54 via Amazon. The D300 has a theoretical limit of 8 FPS. I’ve only been able to get 4 or 5 in most tests. With the extra power I expected 8 FPS, and I got it. I ran a set of AA batteries through the several tests and got a consistent 8 FPS in each test.

Zeikos

I was afraid of buying an aftermarket product at such a discounted price. The Nikon version goes for $242. I took the risk and can honestly say that I am please. The Zeikos unit is solid and professionally made. Plus, all of the buttons work like they are supposed to work.

The only trade off I see is the pickup in weight. Of course this is offset by the coolness factor of of the professional looking rig. I think I can handle the extra weight.

I’ll have a chance to test out the rig this weekend. I have floor seats at a Gymnastics match at UCLA. I finally get to see my cousin compete. I’m excited and do not want to miss a shot.

Technorati Tags:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have fun watching Leilani compete. We saw her last year with Julian and he had a pretty good time watching from above, it was too loud on the floor for him. It was exciting, but I could barely watch some of the events - too nerve racking! - imogen