Tuesday, September 14, 2010

iPhone4 HDR

IMG_0123

I’ve started to play with the iPhone4’s HDR capability. I’ve found that in controlled conditions it takes a much better picture. In this shot I wanted a pure white and a pure black contracts so that I could see how it reproduced the yellow pencil. I’m happy with the results. A non-HDR version of this was a lighter shade of yellow and the white was not pure white. I shot a few portraits today, these were nice too but I blurred the subjects.

I found an aritle explaining the iPhone4’s HDR capability on ars technica: HDR Photogprhay with iPhone 4 and iOS 4.1: How good is it? It’s worth a few minutes of your time and will explain things better than I can.

About the picture – I use index cards as a tool. What you see depicted in the picture is my editorial card for my blog. I add story ideas throughout the day in one hour buckets. When I get home, I write the next days stories if I have the time. Don’t judge me. I’ve told you many times that I am an uber-geek.

Technorati Tags: ,,