Monday, August 23, 2010

Nutball Alert: Michael Stopa

I read an article by Jim Hand of the Sun Chronicle called, It's a matter of faith. In it are the astoundingly ignorant words of Republican political candidate Michael Stopa.

Michael Stopa, another Republican running in the 3rd district that includes Attleboro, North Attleboro, Plainville, Wrentham, Seekonk and Rehoboth, said he is convinced Obama is an atheist.

"I actually don't think Barack Obama is a Muslim. I think he is a nonbeliever," he said.

Stopa, a Harvard University physicist, said he has no proof for his claim, but says Obama has the radical anti-American views of an atheist.

"I have no specific evidence, but I think he's sympathetic to anybody who is opposed to America and American values," Stopa said.

Wait, wait, the “radical Anti-American views of an Atheist?” Folks, I think I’ve found another nutball.

Logic is fun. Stopa goes with the false assumption that all Atheists are radical and Anti-American, then links some of Obama’s behavior to these same radical views, and all of a sudden Obama is an Atheist. Stopa has a PhD from Harvard, but he’s still a nutball.

In the same article Republican political candidate Earl Henry Sholley goes with similar faulty logic. He thinks, "I believe in his heart of hearts he is a true Marxist, and Marxists are atheists…”

News flash Sholley – Marxism is a political philosophy, not a religious philosophy. Not all Marxists are atheists, nor are all atheists Marxists, and Obama is not a Marxist, he a friggen democrat.

Go ahead world, laugh. We have it coming.