Thursday, July 01, 2010

Charges dropped against pastor Jimmy Hughes

Charges have been dropped against the pastor charged in the 1981 Octopus murders. Pastor Jimmy Hughes is a free man.

"We conducted an exhaustive review of the evidence provided by the Sheriff's Department, re-interviewed key witnesses and uncovered additional evidence tied to the case," said Evan Westrup, a spokesman for Atty. Gen. Jerry Brown. "This process and the new information our office discovered materially changed our assessment of the nature and quality of the evidence."

I wrote about Jimmy Hughes in October of 2009.

Pastor Hughes, my policy states that any pastor I write about who is cleared of charges or found innocent is eligible for a guest post here at Deep Thoughts. You can post on any topic you like. If you would like to take me up on the offer, send me an email.

Technorati Tags: