Friday, April 09, 2010

Youth Pastor Cecil Seay arrested

CecilSeay Sexting seems to be irresistible to youth pastors with impulse control problems. Youth Pastor Cecil Wayne Seay of Baypoint church in Holiday, Florida, stands accused of sending sexually orientated text messages to a 14-year-old girl.

He allegedly typed:

I touch myself thinking of you like I never should.

If you were here, would you kiss me like that?

Heck, I don’t know what else to say besides dumbass. By now, every youth pastor in the country should know that sexting will end your career and could even land you in jail.

There is one bit of news I don’t get. The girl’s school principal notified the senior pastor, Brian Brown, instead of the police. Brown did the right thing.

"This allegation is troubling and regrettable," Brown wrote. "Our focus is on the welfare of the victim, the family involved, and all concerned. It is now in the hands of the judicial system, where it should rightly be."

The principal… should be fired did the right thing.