Sunday, September 27, 2009

Witchcraft, Wicca and politics

I keep a news feed open just for Wicca. I don’t many stories on the subject. I read about them because I find the Wicca movement disturbing, but not in threatening way. And as cults go, they are kind of cute, what with all their skyclad rituals (NSFW picture). I mean, who gets naked out in the bush for their faith beside Wiccans?

I stumbled across a post on  The Wild Hunt titled The Witchcraft-Obsessed Bush Administration.  In a weird déjà vu type moment, I realized that I’ve read this post several times before, except the word Witchcraft was replaced with the word Atheism.

Try it:

…it also seems to confirm a sneaking suspicion among modern Pagans that Bush and his administration had a unique obsession with Witchcraft and the occult.

…it also seems to confirm a sneaking suspicion among modern Pagans that Bush and his administration had a unique obsession with Atheism and pastafarians.

Who knew we were brothers-in-arms?

Technorati Tags: ,,