Thursday, July 30, 2009

Another Catholic Priest placed on leave

JamesSchook Father James R. Schook has been barred from public ministry while allegations that he abused a teenaged boy in 1985 are investigated. I think they should bar him from private ministry too. And contact with teen boys…

Archdiocese spokesman Brian Reynolds told The Associated Press the accuser came forward recently and said Schook sexually abused him in 1985, when he was 16-years-old. Schook, a priest since 1975, has not faced any other abuse allegations and the accusations do not involve his work at St. Ignatius Martyr, Reynolds said.

I can’t wait for the attack of the Catholics. I figure i have two hours before they start telling me what a Catholic hater I am.  That and this kind of tripe.

For those of you who don't know Father Jim, I beg you to reserve judgment until the investigation is over. Father Jim is an amazing man with a zeal for God. I have never seen the least impropriety, let alone anything near this magnitude. 

I don't know what the person's motivations are, but I do know who Father Jim is.