Saturday, June 13, 2009

This Little Light, by Christa Brown

This Little Light One of the great joys of my life is reading. In the last year no less than 6 bloggers I know have contacted me about books they have in work. I love the fact that I have a chance to read the work of people I know and respect.  Christa Brown of Stop Baptist Predators authored This Little Light: Beyond a Baptist Preacher Predator and His Gang. Christa tells the story of her abuse by a small town Baptist pastor and her subsequent ordeal dealing with SBC bureaucracy. I know some of her story from her blog, but this book promises to answer many questions.

Christa is a formidable warrior in the fight against Baptist pedophiles. Her work inspires me. I am honored to have a signed copy of her story.

There is a paragraph in the introduction that answer the question, why tell your story. Christa answers,

The answer is because the story goes beyond the personal. The story is about an institutionalized inertia that cloaks evil behind a veil of denial and leaves countless kids at risk.

Honestly, I can not think of a better reason to write a book. You can buy it at Barnes & Noble or Amazon, or order it at your local bookstore.

I’ll post my review in a few weeks, until then here are two reviews.