Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The end of a long day

End of the day When I emptied my pockets at the end of a long day, I had this thought that I must let the day go. Yet it stays with me still. I think I’m working too hard. I’m being audited by my corporation’s internal audit group. It’s crazy stressful. I simply cannot put it out of my mind. At least I took a picture today. That’s a start, right?

I had an odd conversation about love today. A woman I know told me she wants to start a blog. When I asked what she wanted to write about, she said “love”. I asked her, “why love”. She said that by writing about love she could learn to keep love in her life. I guess love is always escaping her. She want to write and talk about how to keep a hold on the person you love. the tips and tricks one could use to monitor the love level our your partner. She asked me how I do it, how I keep my wife these many years. I told her I don’t try to keep my wife. That the very idea seems odd. My wife is not mine to keep, nor am I hers to keep. We are partners, and that is why it’s worked for the last 28 years.

My friend thinks of love as a possession. I think of things as possessions, but people as individuals. Possessing a person seems like an odd definition for love. I just don’t get it.

Technorati tags: ,