Monday, November 03, 2008

Praying about tomorrow

No on Proposition 8

Image by mojoey via Flickr

I am a magnet for Christians (at least it feels that way). Today, I was approached by a women in a gas station Mini Market out in Ventura County. She was wearing a "Vote for Prop 8" yellow sweatshirt. She asked me if I was praying about tomorrow. I told her no. She persisted with a request to vote for Prop 8. I again said no. She gave me this big toothy smile and said, "God has a plan for America." I could tell she wanted to talk, but I was in no mood for her empty headed banter. I walked toward the door. As I stepped through the door, I spoke over my shoulder, "I'm betting you will be real disappointed in God's plan by tomorrow night. You might want to start working on your rationalization."

I sure hope I'm right.

On another note: I found my picture used without credit on this article.

Technorati tags: , ,

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]