Sunday, November 09, 2008

Frugal Hobbies

365-8 a spike in the hole

Image by mojoey via Flickr

I am a frugal man. My hobbies (except for photography) are inexpensive by design. I like to do things the are enjoyable, inexpensive, and if possible, get me outside with my dog or my family. I am always on the lookout for new things to experience, especially new things that do not cost a bunch of money.

I found a list of frugal hobbies which I would like to pass on.

Of the ten hobbies listed, I enjoy eight:

  • Reading
  • Bird Watching
  • Hiking
  • Geocaching
  • Disc Golf
  • Card Games (although this can be expensive)
  • Basketball
  • Blogging

The list misses a few obvious things, like visiting museums, photowalking, and participating socially via  meetup.com. I am sure there are other ideas. What do you do?

My favorite hobby is disc golf. I'm a avid disc golfer. I love the sport. A disc costs about $10, and they last for years.

Disc golf It is a good source of exercise, and hard enough that you must try hard to reduce your score. I played a +2 this morning. When I started playing a few years back, my score was closer to +20.

Technorati tags: ,
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]