He has four points up for consideration. they are summarized below.
- Start with Atheists
- Education people on the meaning of atheism
- unifying political themes
- Proper framing
I like where he is heading with this. It makes sense.
I would like to suggest another area for consideration, Philanthropy. I’ve been kicking around the idea of starting a philanthropic organization whose members are part of the atheist blogging community. Funds could be collected via donations. A small board of directors could oversee dispersal to appropriate charities or programs.
A couple of worthwhile projects come to mind.
- Feeding the poor ($500 goes a long way to a food bank)
- Funding science education and programs
- Grants for student organizations
I’m thinking small to start. Even $500 collected and dispersed in a year would be a good start. I think it would help improve our image, while at the same time really help people.
What do you think?