Friday, October 03, 2008

A new photography project

My wife came up with a good idea for a photography project. She knows I like to take pictures of urban ugliness. My Carson Ugly Project is a good example of this. She suggested I start a new project aimed at capturing the inane ugliness of my own community, Buena Park. She called it, "Not So Buena".

Over the coming months I will prowl my city in search of the urban ugly. It is not like I will lack for good subject matter. For those of you who have never visited the endless sprawl of houses, strip malls, and industrial parks that is Buena Park, let me fill you in, Buena Park is a mess.

You can participate

The Not So Buena project is open to everyone. Send me a photo of your own urban ugliness. I'll post the photo here and give you credit (and a link back to your blog).

Email me your entries. Put "Not So Buena" in the subject field. In the body of the email, include the name of the photo (if it has one), where and when it was made, and how you would like the photograph to be credited. If you would like to provide a description for the picture, please do so. See this post for an example.