Wednesday, October 08, 2008

A murder in Carson

Official seal of City of Carson

Image via Wikipedia

At 8:35 this morning a woman was shot to death all of 300 yards from where I was reading my morning email. A found out about the crime at lunch when I noticed the helicopters circling my office. I drove to my favorite restaurant for a few tacos. Their TV was tuned to the news. I happened to catch a shot of my truck parked outside as the news did a wide shot. The crime scene was close. The reporter talked about a door-to-door search for a suspect. I checked out my fellow dinners; no worries, they were all regulars.

After finishing lunch, I drove by the crime scene on my way back to work. It was close enough that I could have heard the gunshots if I had been listening.

The murder victim Veronica Reyes was murdered by her estranged husband Carlos Reyes. It appears to be another senseless murder.

By my count, four people have died by gunshot within 500 yards of my office in the last year. Carson, California is an ugly place.

Technorati tags: , ,
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]