Friday, October 03, 2008

I'm glad that's over!

I've been living deep inside the real world for the last month or so. I work as an IT project manager.  I've been managing an ERP implementation since last June. We went live on Wednesday in what appears to be a near perfect installation. It's Friday and I'm off work. My project team is off too. There is nothing left on the knock list. I have one man covering on site with the users. It's amazing. The usual state of affairs is one to two months of sustained stress as the users take up their new application. I'm not sure why this one went in so well, but I am happy. 

I've been neglecting everything in my life; my family, my dog, even my favorite pastimes, disc golf, blogging, and photography. I'll get back to blogging today.

My next ERP project does not go live until March 1st. I've got time to relax.

Technorati tags: ,