I read Zen Habits every day. Today's read was a jewel. I thought I would share.
So strike back against the selfishness and greed of our modern world, and help out a fellow human being today. Not next month, but today.
Helping a fellow human being, while it can be inconvenient, has a few humble advantages:
- It makes you feel better about yourself;
- It connects you with another person, at least for a moment, if not for life;
- It improves the life of another, at least a little;
- It makes the world a better place, one little step at a time;
- And if that kindness is passed on, it can multiply, and multipy.
My favorite is number 10.
Buy food for a homeless person. Cash is often a bad idea if it’s going to be used for drugs, but buying a sandwich and chips or something like that is a good gesture. Be respectful and friendly.