Saturday, May 26, 2007

Jewish Philosopher: The Argument from Ego

  

Jim Jones, Christian, Pastor, mass murder.

The Jewish Philosopher makes another attack on Atheists. First he posts a link to picture and link to Joseph Stalin. The not to subtle message - all Atheists are evil. He then moves on to the meat of his argument, that Atheists are actually "not nice", lack empathy, are arrogant, and essentially mentally ill. He claims Atheists have narcissistic personality disorder.

The Jewish Philosopher claims a lofty title - "Philosopher". He he lacks the prerequisite qualifications. He is neither working as a philosopher, trained as a philosopher, or educated as a philosopher. His is a philosopher in the same sense that I am while lifting a Guinness. Yet, he seems to understand narcissism well - he is infatuated by the sound of his own words.

Narcissistic Personality Disorder is a serious charge. To stereotype all Atheists as possessing this disorder is hardly something a rational person would do. In fact, the simple act of applying a stereotype to a class of people is in itself a sign of deeper thinking problems. How do people take the man seriously? Oh wait - nobody does, he ranks an unimpressive 18 on Technorati.

6 comments:

tina FCD said...

This guy is living in another world. I think my son over at ungodly cynic would love to comment on jewish philosophers blog.

Baconeater said...

I can't go to his blog anymore. Last time I went there, my IQ dropped 3 points, and I've only recovered 2 since.

Anonymous said...

Funny how they always cite people like Stalin and Mao in an effort to demonstrate the perils of atheism. What they don't point out is that unlike atheists who comment on this blog and elsewhere, the above mentioned leaders were icons of their respective new orders. Have Stalin and Mao double as deities (not a stretch), and you have the trappings of a secular religion in which state and leader serve as substitute objects of worship.

Johnny C said...

Man I suck. I have a rating of 1... wait, maybe that is because I hardly ever blog anymore. Damn, I guess I need to find topics that I can write about and center my blog on them, much like you do (a 512 Rank.. very nice man).

You would think they would have more ideas that to compare us to Stalin. I mean can somebody at least be original.

Psychodiva said...

as a forensic psych professional working regularly with many and varied personality disorders I just laughed at this in amazement- I just love it when someone gets hold of a list of symptoms and thinks they can diagnose-pop psychology is always good for a laugh - I'd advocate that this individual goes and gets the training, works with these people for years to gain the experience- then starts diagnosing!

Unknown said...

Mmmmm....Guinness, my fav!