Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Even more on Jerry Falwell

Via The Carpetbagger Report.

I have to admit, writing about Falwell’s death poses an awkward challenge for me. When I worked at Americans United for Separation of Church and State for several years, I read Falwell’s materials, I listened to his speeches, I watched his interviews, and got a real sense for who this man was and what he devoted his life to.

In literally every instance, I was repelled and appalled. But is it not callous to bash a man just hours after his death?

I have another idea — I’ll document Jerry Falwell’s professional life and let his record speak for itself.

Technorati tags:

2 comments:

tina FCD said...

I was not so informed of what he has said about gays and feminists etc.I don't feel bad that he is gone now, and I'm sure some people could care less when I die. But yes, I would like to read a post of his life.

Psychodiva said...

I always fail to see why people get 'precious' about people when they are dead- why is it bad to tell the truth about someone just because they are dead? go ahead and do t- he's dead, he cannot hurt you, I don't care if his family by any remote chance see what is written- they must have known what he was like - so say it! being dead should not give them a right o special treatment.