Thursday, January 25, 2007

Vjack - 50 Most Influential Christians in America

I missed this in my weekend reading, but it is worth a few minutes. The always interesting Vjack at Atheist Revolution points out that some of the big hitters in the fundamentalist movement are just as influential as we see them to be (despite what believers claim).

With that out of the way, lets look at the list. I'd like to start by drawing your attention to numbers 5, 37, and 40. Here we have three well-known Christian extremists: James Dobson, James Kennedy, and Jerry Falwell. I highlight this because I repeatedly hear from Christians that these individuals do not represent their views, that they are every bit as horrified at what these men say and do as I am, and that these men have little resemblance to "real Christians."

Source: Atheist Revolution

 

Technorati tags: ,

2 comments:

vjack said...

Thanks for the mention. My plan is to bring out that post whenever I hear the standard claim that fundies aren't real Christians, etc.

Anonymous said...

Nice link.

Reminds me of when the Conservative party won its last election in the UK. Plenty of people denied voting for them yet someone must have. Unusually, some Christians may be saying one thing and doing the opposite...