Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Sean on Bakker

Sean Prophet at Black Sun Journal is into evangelist Jay Bakker - for good reason too. The show One Punk Under God rocks.

I never thought I'd find myself liking an evangelist. But it's hard not to like Jay Bakker, son of the Rev. Jim and Tammy Faye. The younger Bakker has a new show on the Sundance Channel, entitled One Punk Under God. The show covers the tattooed and pierced younger Bakker's struggling ministry, currently run out of an auto body shop.

Source: Black Sun Journal - Right Message, Wrong Reason 

Technorati tags: ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also love the show OPUG. There aren't too many shows that I watch on a week to week basis, but there is something very touching and honest in the way he carries himself and expresses his thoughts. The poor guy certainly hasn't had the easiest life, and I respect the fact that even after surviving the financial scandal that engulfed his family, he still has enough faith in religion to still find it in him to not only preach, but to open up his own Church as well. I found some clips from the new episode that airs Wednesday night on the Sundance Channel. You can find them here: http://tv.yahoo.com/one-punk-under-god/show/38989
Now that Jay is definitely leaving his Revolution Church in Atlanta behind to move to NY with his wife, I wonder if the newly appointed preacher of the church will keep Jay's pro-gay stance alive...