I have a few rules that helps keep it all in perspective.
- Never blog about work – it is a dumb idea at best.
- Never say anything in a blog that I would not say to someone’s face.
- Avoid fisking a friend (an important concept all by itself)
- Set a standard for your reading audience – (my family reads my blog, so I write with that in mind.)
- Develop thick skin and the ability to say, “Screw it” when dealing with critics. I always like to remember that critics love to tear you up, but rarely if ever produce anything of value themselves.
- Be genuine – people who know me know that I am an atheist and a cynic. It should not be a surprise.
- Keep a secret blog - write about everything - tell no one.
- Have somebody spell check my work!
Technorati Tags: blogging, blogger