Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Nutball Alert: The Great Deception Video

Hat tip to AnonymousCoworker for his post Jesus Wept. The video he links to tries to convince the world that Santa Claus is Satan. Of course, the makers of the video are completely off kilter. They rely on the old standby, the etymological fallacy, to pull some bit of historic nonsense from our collective past in an attempt to paint a harmless secular icon as the devil himself. What rubbish. What utter nonsense. Where do people come up with this stuff? Don’t they get it – normal people do not have trouble separating secular Santa from the celebration of the birth of Christ. One may open gifts on Christmas morning after attending midnight mass or prayers, or whatever, without mixing the two. People manage to do this without evil Santa stealing their souls every Christmas.

I celebrate the secular Christmas – not the religious one. But then again, I am an Atheist. And, you won’t find me at any winter solstice celebrations either; those celebrations are for the Wiccans and Nature Nutballs.

I hereby nominate Blow the Trumpet, the makers of The Great Deception Video, as Nutballs. I think they deserve it.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

1 comment:

acw said...

Hey, thanks for the link!

You made some great points. I hope you don't mind if I stop by again.