Monday, December 12, 2005

Hate lives in Kansas

I was reading I’m the Mama this evening when I noticed a post referring to the Westboro Baptist Church. I’m normally on the lookout for what I call nutball religious sects. I am sure that these folks are the real thing - Nutballs. These people are responsible for two overt act of hatred. A website called (NWS) godhatesfags.com and a campaign of hatred aimed at the United States Armed forces. They actually protest the funerals of our fallen service members in an effort to draw attention to the militaries don’t ask/don’t tell policy. Their virulent brand of hatred is incomprehensible. They cannot call themselves Christians, their entire ministry is based on hate. it is a case study in Paraphilia.


The Westboro Baptist Church is a fundamentalist nightmare. Run by Fred Phelps, his Wikipedia entry is un-friggen-believable. Basically, he is everything a good upstanding Christian is not. The “real fundies” must hate him.

Fred Phelps, the Westboro Baptist Church, its members and anybody who shows up a funerals protesting our military by telling them they are going to hell – are nutballs. In fact, these people may actually define the term. My only consolation is that this creep is old - and at the end of his life and influence.

I’ve had a running discussion with my pastor friend Brad. He always tells me (every time I find a nutball), that a real Christian would never act like this or do that. He always trys to paint his faith in the best light. My concern is always the same – How long will it be before the hate shows up on my doorstep? He tells me not to worry, but people like Fred Phelps make me nervous. The only real course of action is to band together with other like-minded individuals and watch Fred Phelps closely.



Technorati Tags: , , , ,