Sunday, December 18, 2005

Atheists love Christmas, too

The Boston Harold hits it right on the head (for me anyway) with the article Atheists love Christmas, too. I've said it before, and I imagine I will say it again. I have no trouble celebrating secular Christmas while ignoring religious Christmas. I love Christmas. It is a great time for getting together with friends and family while eating, drinking and having fun. I wish everyone Merry Christmas without a shred of religious thought because I celebrate Christmas and not Chanukah or Kwanza or the Winter Solstice. Of course, I do this because I was raised in a Christian culture. I consider it my cultural imprinting. I am not about to switch over to Happy Holidays.

Technorati Tags:
, , , ,

1 comment:

Johnny C said...

Interesting point.