Tuesday, November 15, 2005

How to sell a book on Amazon

While surfing the web today, I visited my favorite productivity site for some after lunch mental stimulation before I started to dig into my backlog of 150-emails. I clicked through to a link about photography, then clicked out to Kitten's box to read more. On Kittens Home Page, I saw a review for a photography book that I found interesting, along with a link to purchase it from Amazon (and I did). I thought the Amazon review link was a good idea, but I could not find any information about how to make one. I eventually found information about the Amazon Associate Program from the Amazon Hacks website. Participants get a small percentage of each sale. I will be taking my meager payment in Amazon gift certificates.


How to make a “Buy from Amazon” link

Go to Amazon.com and create an account (if you don’t already have one)
Click on the Help link at the top of the page
Click on Amazon.com Services /Associates
Sign up for Amazon.com Associates program (follow the easy instructions)
When complete, one of the options will be to “Build a Link”
Copy the HTML code into your blog and post it


This first Amazon book link is for The Craft of Research, a book that was essential reading during my recently completed graduate school program. The Craft of Research gave me a leg up on my competitors. It taught me the right way to approach research, how to properly document research, and most importantly, how to present your research in its final form. This book is a must read for anyone thinking about going to a competitive school.




Technorati Tags: , ,

2 comments:

Johnny C said...

I dont like doing the amazon thing, I like to go with booksense.com now since it helps with local bookstores, not to mention you can do a similar thing as amazon.

Mojoey said...

wow - great tip Johnny. I look into it. thanks!

Joe