Saturday, June 12, 2004

Immaturity and a Tattoo

I ran into “Bill” at a school function the evening after I posted Stirring the Ashes, while at a school function. Bill walked into my team room, pulled down his lower lip, and tried to show it to me. I understand his lip is tattooed with a profanity. Why, I don't know.

I was not inclined to read Bill's lip as it did not occur to me that he would actually want me to read his lip. I mean, who the hell reads a lip? I kept thinking, why is this guy showing me his teeth? After a moment, Bill turned on his heal and marched agressively out of the classroom, flipping me off and banging on the door as he left. Later I passed him in the hall, he made farting noises. Now Bill is (or was) in Grad School and is at least 35 years old. One would think, hmmm, grad school = maturity right? Well, maybe not in this case. I’m thinking Bill never matured past about high school. Poor bastard.