Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Introducing Reasonable Doubt

Please join me in welcoming one of the newest members of the Atheist Blogroll, Reasonable Doubt.

There is more truth in a single Pink Floyd song than in all of the world’s ‘sacred’ scriptures combined!

This is not going to be your typical Atheist/Agnostic blog. I will be talking a lot about that and doing my fair share of railing against religion, in all it’s forms.

But this blog will also talk about Life, Love, Laughter and Hope. I will show you how one can still live a moral life without a belief in God. I will show you how one can still be full of hope and life without a need for ancient belief systems.

In addition to putting my thoughts and ideas out there, I also want people to know who I am. I feel that every human being has an inner desire to shout from the rooftops who we are as people. The cavemen did it with handprints, and I’m doing it here with my writing. It’s my attempt at saying, “Hey, I’m here, I’m a person too, regardless of my lack of belief and I matter too. I’m a good person too!”

I will not mince words with this blog though. There will be the occasional use of foul language when I feel it appropriate. No one should be offended by what merely represents vibrations of vocal chords. They are just words! Sometimes they are needed!

This blog is much more personal than some of the others I have done in the past. It will be about much more than just ideas, although it will be about that too. It will be about the man behind the ideas. We all know what Richard Dawkins thinks for example, but how many people know much about him as a person? Some may think this not important but I think it is terribly important to be able to put a human face onto our ideas so that others will come to realize that we are people too.

I have ideas and thoughts but I am much more than that. I am also a father, son, lover, fiancé and friend.

I hope that all of this comes out in this blog!

Enjoy!

Are you interested in becoming a member? Visit the Atheist Blogroll resource blog for more information.

Technorati Tags: Atheism,The Atheist Blogroll